Emergency Needs and Coordination for Arab Citizens and Commu...
Emergency Needs and Coordination for Arab Citizens and Communities in Israel
On October 24, 2023 IATF, SVF and JFN heard from representatives of the National Emergency information Center for Arab Citizens. We were briefed on resource coordination for Arab citizens and communities, including a current map of emergency needs submitted by Arab local authorities by:
- Meir Bing, Director General, Ministry of Social Equality (MSE)
- Hassan Towafra, Director, Authority for Economic Development, MSE
- Ameer Bisharat, CEO, National Council for Heads of Arab Local Authorities
- Mohamad Khalaileh, Director, National Emergency Information Center for Arab Society
- Salima Suleiman, Deputy Director, Authority for Economic Development, MSE
- Yonatan Paz, Head of Society and Education, Authority for Economic Development, MSE
Following the briefing, we heard a short update from the Israeli Foundation Forum (IFF) about coordinating funder giving in Israel around emergency needs in Arab society.
Resources Referenced in the Recording
- IATF's Summary Emergency Response and Coordination - Arab Citizens and Jewish-Arab Relations
- IATF's Database of Emergency Responses
- SVF Emergency Fund
- JFN's List
You can also review the National Emergency Information Center for Arab Society Briefing on Needs' PowerPoint here.