JFNA General Assembly Session: "Israeli Arabs: Leveling...
JFNA General Assembly Session: "Israeli Arabs: Leveling the Playing Field"
The Task Force helped develop and wil moderate a session at the 2018 General Assembly on efforts to close socio-economic gaps between Israel's Arab and Jewish communities.
With growing gaps between the Arab and Jewish communities in Israel, Israel’s survival relies on innovative and effective solutions. In this session, we’ll learn about cutting-edge programs and interventions in the fields of education, employment and municipal programming which address the challenges and opportunities facing Israel and its largest minority community.
- Suzan Hasan, Director, Employment Programs for Arabs and Career Advancement, JDC;
- Prof. Mona Khoury-Kassabri, Dean of the School of Social Work, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem;
- Prof. Eran Halperin, School of Psychology, IDC Herzliya;
- Fatmeh Shaban, Mentor, the Jewish Agency for Israel's Youth Futures;
- Moderated by Michal Steinman, Task Force Executive Director.